THE MASONIC TEMPLE OF WINSTON-SALEM, INC.

34 Miller Street

Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104-4212

cornerstone

LAYING OF CORNERSTONE

The Grand Lodge of A.F. & A.M. of North Carolina convened in Winston-Salem on March 19, 1955 in emergent communication and the cornerstone was laid in Ancient Masonic Form. Charles H. Pugh, Grand Master of Masons in North Carolina presided and the Honorable Luther Hodges, Governor of North Carolina, a Master Mason, delivered the main address.

There are five Masonic Organizations which comprise the Masonic Temple of Winston-Salem, Inc. These organizations are: Winston Lodge #167, Salem Lodge #289, Piedmont-Pioneer Lodge #685, Winston-Salem Scottish Rite Bodies and Winston-Salem York Rite Bodies. Each of these organizations have an equal share of ownership in the Corporation.

THE ORIGINAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS

FOR THE MASONIC TEMPLE OF WINSTON-SALEM, INC.


JOHN C. WHITAKER, Chairman, Fund Raising Committee

C.P. PATE SR., President, Winston Lodge #167

C.W. BLACKWELL, Vice President, Salem Lodge #289

A.E. FEY, Secretary, Pioneer Lodge #685

PAUL RENNIGER, Treasurer, Winston-Salem Chapter Rose Croix

BERT H. PLINT, Member, Winston Lodge #167

R.L. HECKARD, Member, Winston Lodge #167

HENRY NADING JR., Member, Salem Lodge #289

DWIGHT S. JONES, Member, Salem Lodge #289

JOSEPH BUTZBACH, Member, Pioneer Lodge #685

C.P. WALTER, Member, Pioneer Lodge #685

N.E. BURRINGTON, Member, Winston-Salem Lodge of Perfection

J.J. INGLE, Member, Winston-Salem Lodge of Perfection

C.A. BUNN, Member, Winston Chapter #24

J.W. TAYLOR, Member, Zabud Council #16

PERCY PHILLIPS, Member, Piedmont Commandery #6

**********

Return